In the movie "Iron Warrior", Schwarzenegger jumped into the water to keep his temperature consistent with the surroundings, trying to shield his infrared signal source to avoid detection by the thermal imager. In many spy war movies, infrared thermal imagers have appeared frequently, and their applications in the military field have been very extensive, and now this high-tech is moving from the military to the industrial and civilian markets.
Under the monitoring of the infrared thermal imaging camera, the thermal radiation emitted by the human body itself is detected, and the current temperature is accurately notified on the display screen, and different temperatures of each part of the body show different colors. In addition, the atmosphere and smoke clouds absorb visible light and near-infrared rays, but are transparent to infrared rays of 3 to 5 microns and 8 to 14 microns. Therefore, these two bands are called the "atmospheric window" of infrared (electromagnetic waves longer than 0.78 microns).
Using these two windows, the infrared thermal imager can clearly observe the situation in the bad weather environment such as poor light and smoke. For example, during the PM2.5 explosion in Shanghai in December last year, only visible buildings outside the office could be seen with visible light, while infrared light was used as if there were no smog. Based on this feature, in the forest fire monitoring system and security field Infrared thermal imaging techniques are also common.
However, infrared thermal imaging technology was early applied to the U.S. military, and the United States banned it from China. Only in the past few years has this technology been domestically. Due to the current state of technological development and market applications, the high price has affected the technology's entry into the civilian market. However, it will take time for the popularity of the market, and price is still a big problem. At present, the price of infrared cameras installed on smart phones will increase by 2,000 to 3,000 yuan. It is still difficult for ordinary people to accept and the market is difficult to expand, but once the price comes down, infrared thermal imaging technology will face explosive growth opportunities.
- Life Use and Design Principle of Infrared Thermal Imager
- What are the characteristics of an infrared thermal imager?
- In addition to measuring temperature, what other functions does the infrared thermal imager have?
- How to use infrared thermal imager correctly
- A few details to note when using an infrared thermal imager
- Common faults and solutions of infrared thermal imager
- Introduction of four main application fields of infrared thermal imager
- Infrared thermometer purchase tips
- Know the daily management and maintenance of infrared thermometer
- Comprehensive introduction to infrared thermometers in three aspects
- Comparison of infrared thermometer and infrared camera
- Wire and cable maintenance knowledge
- Detection application of thermoforming infrared thermal imaging system
- What are the general precautions for portable infrared cameras?
- What is blocking the eruption of domestic thermal imaging technology
- China's infrared thermal imaging goes to civilian use or breaks out in the smart home market
- Influencing factors of measuring accuracy of infrared thermometer
- Use of infrared thermometers in seaports
- Two-color infrared thermometer for measuring polysilicon material in ingot furnace
- Features and applications of infrared thermal imager