Mercury thermometer accuracy depends on the scale value. The current scale can only reach 0.1 degrees, and it can only be estimated further down. The accuracy of the electronic thermometer is also 0.1 degrees, which is similar to that of mercury. One of the advantages of mercury thermometers is that the accuracy is stable, but the general electronic thermometer is the most accurate in the 37-39 range, and higher or lower will be worse.
Infrared thermometer vs mercury thermometer-who is faster?
To fully heat the mercury in a mercury thermometer to body temperature requires more heat than affecting an electronic thermometer, and the glass of the mercury thermometer is much hotter than the probe of an infrared thermometer. Therefore, the mercury thermometer must take 5 minutes to measure, and as long as the infrared thermometer is used correctly, you can hear a click in about 1 minute. The new electronic thermometer with calculation function can predict the body temperature in 15 seconds.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Application of Infrared Thermal Imager in Car Parts
- What is an infrared thermal imager
- Introduction of the scope of infrared thermometer
- Understanding and correct operation of infrared thermometer
- What are the advantages of using a non-contact infrared thermometer
- Principle and Application of Infrared Thermal Imager
- Analysis of infrared thermometer
- Operation process of non-contact infrared thermometer
- How the sniper escaped the detection of the thermal imager
- Can thermal imaging cameras really see people through walls?
- Inadequacies in the use of infrared thermometers?
- Calibration of infrared thermometer with blackbody furnace?
- Is the infrared thermometer accurate?
- The principle of infrared temperature sensor and how to choose
- Influencing factors of measurement accuracy of infrared thermometer
- How much do you know about the management and maintenance of infrared thermometers