Mercury thermometer accuracy depends on the scale value. The current scale can only reach 0.1 degrees, and it can only be estimated further down. The accuracy of the electronic thermometer is also 0.1 degrees, which is similar to that of mercury.
One of the advantages of mercury thermometers is that the accuracy is stable, but the general electronic thermometer is the most accurate in the 37-39 range, and higher or lower will be worse.
Why do people always feel that infrared thermometers are inaccurate? There may be the following reasons:
1. Thermometer quality issues;
2. Insufficient power, when the battery is about to run out, the degree of the electronic thermometer will have a large error;
3． The thermometer is not used as required, such as using an oral thermometer under the armpit, or taking it out without hearing a beep;
4． The measurements were performed several times with different results. The reason for this is actually because the measured temperature itself has changed. It is normal for the body temperature to change rapidly during the fever;
5. An error occurred during the measurement. For example, the oral thermometer was not pressed under the tongue, the ear temperature was not aligned with the eardrum, and the armpit was not tightened. The inaccuracies in the measurement were mostly due to similar situations;
6. The ear thermometer has not been replaced or the probe earmuffs have been cleaned, and the standard self-test temperature has not been checked before use.
Infrared thermometer vs mercury thermometer-who is faster?
To fully heat the mercury in a mercury thermometer to body temperature requires more heat than affecting an electronic thermometer, and the glass of the mercury thermometer is much hotter than the probe of an infrared thermometer. Therefore, the mercury thermometer must take 5 minutes to measure, and as long as the infrared thermometer is used correctly, you can hear a click in about 1 minute. The new electronic thermometer with calculation function can predict the body temperature in 15 seconds.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Application of Infrared Thermal Imager in Car Parts
- What is an infrared thermal imager
- Introduction of the scope of infrared thermometer
- Understanding and correct operation of infrared thermometer
- What are the advantages of using a non-contact infrared thermometer
- Principle and Application of Infrared Thermal Imager
- Analysis of infrared thermometer
- Operation process of non-contact infrared thermometer
- How the sniper escaped the detection of the thermal imager
- Can thermal imaging cameras really see people through walls?
- What are the advantages of thermal imagers in various fields
- Introducing infrared thermometer to accurately measure temperature
- Successful typical application of two-color infrared thermometer
- Infrared thermometer increases safety
- Principle and performance advantages of infrared thermal imager
- How much do you know about infrared thermometers
- Introduction to the Security Function of Infrared Thermal Imager
- Application of thermal imager in petrochemical industry
- What's so special about an infrared camera
- What are the applications of infrared thermal imagers in the automotive industry?