In nature, any object with a temperature greater than relatively zero (-273 ° C) can radiate infrared rays, which together with visible light, ultraviolet rays, X-rays, gamma rays, cosmic rays and radio waves form a complete continuous electromagnetic spectrum. Its wavelength is between 0.76 μm and 1000 μm, which is invisible light longer than the wavelength of red light.
1) All objects whose temperature is higher than relative zero in nature are constantly emitting and absorbing infrared rays;
2) The intensity of infrared radiation can reflect the temperature. When the temperature of the same object increases, the infrared radiation will increase;
3) Infrared has a strong thermal effect, that is, infrared radiation is absorbed by the object and converted into thermal energy, which increases the temperature of the object;
4) The infrared wavelength is longer, and it can easily penetrate clouds and smoke through diffraction.
These characteristics are the basis for the widespread application of infrared-related technologies in many fields.
In popular terms, an infrared thermal imager is a thermal image that turns invisible infrared radiation into visible light, and can reflect the temperature distribution of the target surface. Different objects or even different parts of the same object have different radiating abilities and their reflection strength to infrared rays. Utilizing the difference in radiation between the object and the background environment and the difference in the radiation of various parts of the scene itself, the infrared thermal image can show the radiation fluctuations of each part of the scene, thereby showing the characteristics of the scene.
Infrared camera system is a passive non-contact detection and identification infrared technology. It uses infrared optical system that can pass infrared radiation to focus the infrared radiation of the scene on the detector array, and the detector will then The unequal radiation signals are converted into corresponding electrical signals, which are then amplified and video processed to form video images that can be viewed by the naked eye.
Temperature measurement and all-weather imaging are two basic functions of infrared camera technology. The products developed based on these two are not only used in traditional fields such as military, electric power, industrial manufacturing, scientific research, medical treatment, etc., but are about to take a new attitude. Into our daily lives. It will become our life assistant, assist the smart home system to regulate the temperature, detect electrical faults and check for leaks in pipes; it will become our safety guard, guarantee the safety of driving at night, and improve the security of family homes.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Application of Infrared Thermal Imager in Car Parts
- What is an infrared thermal imager
- Introduction of the scope of infrared thermometer
- Understanding and correct operation of infrared thermometer
- What are the advantages of using a non-contact infrared thermometer
- Analysis of infrared thermometer
- Operation process of non-contact infrared thermometer
- How the sniper escaped the detection of the thermal imager
- Can thermal imaging cameras really see people through walls?
- What's so special about an infrared thermal imager?
- Application of Infrared Camera in Process Operation
- Application of Infrared Camera in Overheat Detection of Transformer
- Three resolutions that reflect the performance of the infrared camera
- Application of Infrared Thermal Imager in Construction Industry
- Analysis of the development process of infrared thermometers for you